I don’t know anyone who got anything perfectly the first time. A lesson that I want to share this week is about taking criticism. You need to welcome it. The only way you can be better is to know your flaws and find ways to improve at it. Don’t get upset. You are allowed to feel hurt, but get past it quickly and rise above it.
“Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
This week’s highlight:
This is one of my best friends, J. She and I are always honest with each other. We listen to each other, we give each other sound advice, and we also criticize each other when necessary. You should have friends around you with whom you can speak freely. Honesty makes others feel uneasy, but when given with good intentions, it should be accepted with a loving heart. Do not take it with hatred.
Do not forget that people can misunderstand your honesty as well. Make sure you use a proper tone. Be clear that you are not trying to be hurtful (only if that is the truth, of course). This kind of communication is always appreciated.
You keep good friends when you are one yourself. :)
- Christian Dior Forever Flawless
- Chanel Loose Powder
- Bobbi Brown Tinted Brightener
- Bobbi Brown Corrector
- Mac eyeshadows – I used a dark orange, brown, and taupe color. (I should save labels after depotting but I just put them together in a palette and forgot about the names.) :/
- Black Gel eyeliner
- Bobbi Brown Plumberry Cream Lipstick
- Estee Lauder lipgloss – gold color